Tuesday, October 7, 2008

State Fallen Firefighers Memorial



Bill has been after me to download the pictures off my camera from his trip to Frankfort, so I can get the new pictures on my blog. If we look back to the morning that he was leaving I asked if he wanted to take my new camera (the one he got for my birthday that I hadn't even used yet). I got a very mumbled "I guess I can". Well as it turns out he was the only one who took a camera. Yes of course they all had cameras on their cellphone but you can't do much with those pictures. When he got home that night he rushed to show me the pictures on the camera. Of course being a women I reminded him of whose idea it was for him to take a camera. Since this was his first appearance in his new uniform I think he was so glad to have taken my camera to capture his trip in pictures. I asked if he was glad he got me a new camera for my birthday.
Anyway, Bill was asked to represent the department in their annual trip to Frankfort to participate in the Kentucky Firefighter memorial ceremony on October 1st. Luckily he had been at honor guard training camp in Bowling Green so he was able to implement all of the stuff he learned. Since this was his first year I think he was very moved by the whole experience. I think that it is events like this that put into perspective the dangers of his job, but also how much he loves and respects his job.


L-R Bill, Troy, Dale, Matt, Larry

No comments: