Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof



Bill and I went to see this movie on Friday night. Now if any of you all know my husband well you know he is not the type to go to the theatre. It has probably been a year since we went to the movies together. Anyway I had seen Fireproof posted by some of my friends on facebook about what a great movie it was and that all married couples should go and see it. So to convience my husband to go the movies I had to play on the fact that the movie was about firefighters. With that being said he was very eager to go (he doesn't miss a fire movie).
We made it into a date night, the theatre here wasn't playing the movie so we had to go to Clarksvegas. We went to Sams, and then out to eat. When we got to the show and the tickets cost $17.00, Bill turns to me and says "That's why I don't go the movies". Yeah Yeah. But then he had to go and buy popcorn and 2 big drinks. Which I think turned out to be more than the tickets. When I go I don't buy drinks and popcorn, but I guess Bill just couldn't forgo the popcorn. Anyways back to the movie. It is a great movie. I hadn't even heard about it until I read some posts on Facebook. I would recommend this movie to all married couples, it reminds us of what is important in these trying times we live in. Also great for those singles to give them the reality that a marriage is a work in progess that never ends.
Hey Tara, Kirk Cameron is the lead actor.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You just had to remind me of my childhood obsession with him.....that lifesize poster was beautiful wasn't it?? :) We're going to see the movie next Thursday. BTW, you're the only person in the world other than me who'd remember this type of thing... LOVE YA!

Ladybird said...

I was obsessed with Kirk too....but I didn't have a life-sized poster. I am a little jealous Tara! Mom and Dad saw the movie too and said that it was wonderful. Apparently all the churches are endorsing it. I am going to try to drag Birddog to the theater for a date night too!